lunes, 18 de febrero de 2013

When to be present not just a matter of recognition ...


LinkedIn congratulated me today! I’m not the only one but I’m excited.

It seems that there are people who visit my profile ...




The first thought that came into my head was:

I wish all of my contacts can benefit somehow of this. If I have visibility I hope they will be seen too. If I participate in groups and post comments I hope my friends and acquaintances will be also enriched! This must be capitalized.

It also occurred to me to make a joke to the passage of the controversy in Spain: Happy Valentine ... I also reached an envelope ;) But the fact that it is not necessary to risk on damages my image to show some sense of humor (even remotely).

Going back to my first idea I put my gear up and prepare myself to take advantage of:

The first thing that occurs to me is that I am an active on "social media" for the company I work for and that should be capitalized. When people visit my profile can easily access the profile of my company and even though people did not, company gets what marketers would call "a hit".

If other people in my company does not do the same, to spend time with some common sense to a medium with as much importance as LinkedIn, again, why not be assessed especially my work? It would be easy for someone might try to blame me for wasting my time but ... The time I spend with LinkedIn comes directly from my own time.

But then we enter into a complex deliberation. If the company "pays" or "against providing" my contribution ... I will be free to continue commenting as usual? Will I have an obligation to condition my thinking more over what now might be? In fact some times while posting I keep prudent in case my opinion could be spread to the rest of the employees of my company.

One possibility is to add a "disclaimer" to all I might say or do that would exempt all those around me of any responsibility. But at this point, I whether ask if it is really worth continuing to invest in social media and even more to ask the company to price ​​my contribution.

So, returning then to my first impression, leaving aside possible capitalizations and being consistent with my spirit:

I'm happy; LinkedIn has given me opportunities and has opened doors to me. Now hopefully that can also generate traffic to all those who I appreciate. It is a time of uncertainty, where friends and acquaintances want to find a job ...

My best wishes to them: luck, visibility and encouragement.

And I guess this envelope will contribute, indirectly, to get the visit you are waiting for!
  
Thanks to all those use to "share me and support me", Now you see ... one way or another it all comes back ...



Foto: empleo canarias

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario